The TIA Method: A daily practice for finding radical joy.
Mark this date!Saturday, June 16 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
That’s the time I would love to have you join us for the TIA Method Workshop. The TIA Method is a daily practice for seeing more of the goodness all around us and in us. It is not a trick or a wish or a hack or a vague hope—it’s a dedicated practice for seeing and experiencing the extraordinary beauty of the world.
The TIA Method (thank-intend-ask) offers a practice for inviting happiness, groundedness, and personal accomplishment into your life. The great wisdom traditions have long advocated the value of gratitude as both a spiritual and an ethical practice. Modern sciences now affirm the benefits of cultivating gratitude and positive thinking as a way to reframe our attitude about and response to experience. What we are delivering here is old news—ancient traditions wrapped up in contemporary scientific insight.
Gratitude practice is one leg of the three-pronged TIA Method. After gratitude, the TIA Method advocates clarity of intentions and surrendering problems to higher intelligence. Together, these three parts of the TIA Method offer skillful means for cultivating the life we want to live—one of joy, grace, purpose, and equanimity.
And what about that white space on the right hand page?
There are lots of possibilities for that space. Don’t be afraid of it! Use it to capture your favorite quotations; doodle; reflect on your day.
Or, it could also be space for a visual response—drawing, collage, or painting. And so, in this version of the TIA workshop, we’re going to get arty! The fabulous David Matteson will join me to show various writing and visual journaling techniques to encourage a lasting, reflective practice. And to make your journal colorful!
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- You’ll get a refresher on why gratitude is so important, and you’ll learn how a daily intention practice can help you manifest the joys and accomplishments you most desire.
- You’ll learn why the practice of gratitude actually accelerates the manifestation of your intentions. (This is big!)
- You’ll receive a 30-day copy of the brand new TIA Journal, and a full description for using this new journal.
- You’ll be surrounded by beautiful art and the uplifting energy of the Orlando Museum of Art.
- And, you’ll get to play with papers, pens, and paints to add color, flare, and whimsy to your daily ritual of capturing your gratitudes and linking them to your intentions.
The workshop fee is $45, and this includes a copy of the 30-day journal. You can register right now: https://omart.org/events/event_detail/tia_method_journaling_workshop/
IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR YOU?
If you answer yes to any of the statements below, this is the workshop for you!
- You need a beginning-of-the-summer jump start on maintaining your gratitude and intention practice.
- You need a reminder of how powerful keeping a gratitude journal is for manifesting intentions.
- You have forgotten the kinds of shifts that can happen in your moods, attitudes, and energy when you practice gratitude and intending.
- You want a template for practice that represents the very core concepts of LifeArt Studio.
- You want to see the beautiful art work of Orlando artist Nina Chatham throughout the journal. (And Nina will be with us, too!)
- You need to be in the company of inspiring and flourishing people.
I know you will find the TIA Method inspiring and practical. Please join me on Saturday, June 16, for an artful adventure!
What people are saying about the TIA Method:
I absolutely LOVE this journal. It is a perfect addition to my morning practices. I have received the gifts of so many insights as I’ve become acquainted with its companionable presence at my bedside. I’ve kept a gratitude journal for years, but having special places for intentions, asking, notes, and actions has been so much better. I believe this will be “volume 1” in a multi-volume set! - Robin Sibley